1. Worship begins and ends with God (Phil 2:13).
2. Worship is an attitude of the heart (Is. 29:13).
3. Worship is an encounter with the living God (Ex 33:7-11).
4. Worship is the declaration to all people the wonders of our King (Ps 71:17).
5. Worship is the response of the believer to bestow upon our Lord worth, glory, honor and praise for 1) who He is, and 2) for all He has done, and 3) all He has said He will do.
6. Worship was, and is, essential to battle (see II Chr. 20:21 & 22), though we recognize ". . .our struggle is not against flesh and blood. . ."(Eph. 6:12).
7. Worship creates an atmosphere for the believer to exercise his/her spiritual gifts, to edify, exhort, and console the body of Christ (I Cor. 14:3 NAS) and, through the power of the Holy Spirit, results in unregenerate hearts coming to conviction, repentance and worship of the Lord Jesus Christ (I Cor. 14:24 & 25).
Purpose Statement: Our purpose as a Worship Arts Ministry Program is to exalt and magnify the Lord through our music and arts. We are to bring joyful music to the Lord, worshiping with gladness, as we enter into His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise! (Psalm 100) We can worship this way because our Heavenly Father takes great delight in us, He quiets us with His love, and rejoices over us with singing (Zephaniah 3:17).